Image Map

Thursday, August 1, 2013

It's August...

It's August... which means it's time to kick the back to school planning into full gear!!! I made a trip to the teacher store yesterday to get supplies for some back to school projects. I am suddenly very overwhelmed with everything that needs to get finished before the first day back. I have to say, it gets easier with each passing year, but there is still so much to do. I am trying a few new things in my classroom this year, including P.A.L.S, and that is making me feel more nervous about the start of school. I have an AMAZING teaching partner who is implementing some of the same strategies this year. This helps some with the uncertainty, because I know we will work through it together. We are even planning to mix our classes on occasions. He has been teaching longer than I have, and sometimes I feel inadequate in comparison, but I know working with him makes me a better teacher too.

I love all the back to school set up, but really dread the first day! (I might have mentioned that before, and I am still looking for a good way to start the year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment